Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Bag of Art

It occurred to me that my very artistic grandchildren did not have a studio for their art. Who does at a young age? The next best thing would be a place to keep supplies and finished art.  I came across these bags as I was shopping this summer at a craft store. I could certainly make bags, I mean I have yards of remnants. However, these finished bags cost $10.00 (less my %15 coupon).  They have a zipper to close the top and two long handles.  I figured the girls could have them well into adulthood. But they needed my personal touch.

1. Print letters in the size to fit the front of the bag.

2. Iron the letters onto Wonder Under fusible web in     reverse. (After you cut out the letters and fuse them to the bag they will in the correct direction).     Follow the directions on the Wonder Under.

3. Cut out the letters and iron to the bag.

4. Use your sewing machine to sew the letters on. Try different stitches for fun effects.

The kids love the bags and I have fun buying art supplies for them.  They like to take there bags everywhere. They brought their bags to my house during their Thanksgiving visit. We had non stop fun coloring and painting and gluing etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment