Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lavender and Rosemary


Lavender and Rosemary, sounds like great names for new pets! Truth is, I purchased seeds today to start indoors. For the next 3 months these will be "pet plants". I always tell people I don't like to over winter plants in the house because I don't like caring for "pet plants"! This is different, I can watch the entire process from seeds germinating to tiny plants begging to go out doors and sink their feet into that rich soil at the Farm. I have a wonderful location in a sunny window above my kitchen sink. I could start talking to them when I do dishes, when no one is looking of course!
I have wanted to plant an entire field of Lavender. There are many tasks to achieve before I get to that point. I still need to find a good spot for the vegetable garden, fence off the grapes so the deer quit dinning on them, weed the asparagus patch, create a path to the Loo.....its the "Land of endless projects"!

No comments:

Post a Comment